LMCTV serves the communities of Larchmont and Mamaroneck in Westchester County. We program Channels 75, 76 and 77 on Optimum and Channels 34, 35 and 36 on Fios with programs ranging from locally produced news shows and interview shows, cooking shows and even a talent show to the live cablecasting of public meetings and dramatic performances at the Emelin Theatre.
LMCTV features; 2 multi-camera TV studios, a Tri-Caster 860 system, 6 Mac editing systems, 7 HD field camera packages, DSLR cameras, and portable lighting kits.
LMCTV is offering an internship program for interested and qualified students from neighboring area schools. Our program includes:
- Training in field and studio television production.
- Development of documentary video and news packages.
- Training interns in video editing, using the Adobe Suite.
- Creation promotional clips for series shows, station promos and PSAs.
- Production or assisting production of existing shows.
Interns at LMCTV:
- Are un-paid
- Must be enrolled at an accredited four or five-year college/university leading to a bachelor or advanced degree and must receive college/university credit for their internship.
- May work during the Fall, Spring, or Summer college semesters full-time or part-time.
- The hours of work for college credits will be determined by your school.
Interns can expect to come away from their experience at LMCTV with the basic tools for creating a television show or video project. To be qualified, interns should have a strong desire to create in the film or television medium, be moderately comfortable around technical equipment.
If you are interested in becoming an LMCTV intern please contact:
Studio Production Manager,
(914) 381-2002 x 206
LMCTV was the first internship that allowed me true hands on experience. After interning with LMC I stayed on and volunteered, it was one of the only ways to keep learning and practicing post college. -Intern 2005
It was a new experience. I was mostly PA’ing ( Production Assistant) for short films and movie projects, so I got to learn about long term projects like the talks shows booked in the studio. Also it was the first time I was put in charge of something. I created a PSA during my internship, it felt good. -Intern 2009
I loved the hands on experience LMCTV gave me. I didn’t have to get coffee, and everyone was helpful and nice. It gave me more experience in the field I want to be in. -Intern 2017
It’s giving me a good sense of the real world. I have learned more here than anywhere else, I love it here at LMCTV! -Intern 2018